Today we released version 0.2.0. I'm pasting the changelog below for
convenience, the updated version is already live at standard.publiccode.net
October 26th 2020: 🎊 the sixth draft splits a requirement and adds clarity.
- Split “Welcome contributions” criterion into “Make contributing easy”
and “Welcome contributors”.
- Rename criterion “Pay attention to codebase maturity” to “Document
- Changed MUST to SHOULD for requirement of codebase in use by multiple
- Add MUST NOT requirement regarding copyright assignment.
- Clarify role of configuration in reusable code requirement.
- Glossary additions: continuous integration, policy, repository, and
- Replace references to ‘cities’ with ‘public organizations’.
- Clarify aspects of sensitive code by separating contributor and
reviewer requirements into separate items.
- Expand further reading, and guidance to policy makers, developers and
- Add Felix Faassen and Arnout Engelen to authors.
- Made additional minor changes to text for clarity.
A new pdf is available in the GitHub release:
Jan Ainali, Codebase Steward
jan(a)publiccode.net | +46762122776 | @jan_ainali
Foundation for Public Code https://publiccode.net