Here are the notes from the first Product steering meeting.
OpenZaak Product Steering Meeting - 22 September 2020, 10:00 to 11:00
Meeting link: https://meet.publiccode.net/OpenZaakProductSteering
Slack Channel: https://samenorganiseren.slack.com/archives/CT6UH711Q
- Felix Faasen, Foundation for Public Code
- Jan Ainali, Foundation for Public Code
- Joeri Bekker, Maykin Media
- Niels Lindeboom, Dimpact
- Hugo ter Doest, Dimpact
- Silvion Moesan, OPEN.satisfaction
- Olav Allema, Contezza
- Lazo Bozarov, Utrecht
- Tahir Malik, Contezza
- Peter, Exxcellence
1. Introduction round
2. Decide on the responsibilities / composition of the product steering
team. Finalize the GOVERNANCE file
in draft right now),
3. Update of APIs for customers, so that OpenZaak follows the ZGW API
standard as closely as possible
4. Content and theme of the website
After the introduction round the input of Joeri and Silvion was
highlighted. A number of these topics will be touched upon in our
discussion topic about reponsibilities / composition of the product
steering team. The proposed agenda item concerning the mission/vision/goal
and strategy around OpenZaak product is being drafted by Hugo and discussed
for review in our next meeting.
Additional proposed agenda items by Joeri and Silvion:
- Richtlijnen opstellen voor deelname aan stuurgroepen (zijn er bepaalde
eisen voor deelname en/of zitten er verplichtingen aan?)
- Expliciete rollen benoemen (PO, website maintainer, meeting organizers)
- Exposure (zijn er nog -marketing- events waar we Open Zaak willen
- Indien toepasselijk: Financiering voor product development (wat is de
beste manier om ongoing financiering te regelen voor ontwikkeling, het doen
- Mission/vision/doelen/strategie om zo te kunnen focussen waar we
willen staan met OpenZaak en waar we dus ook nee (iig nu niet) op kunnen
zeggen met een gegronde onderbouwing
- Bespreekmomenten / structuur product steering group overleg
- Hoe gaan we gemeenten (klanten) aanhaken bij de product steering group
on the responsibilities / composition of the product steering team.
The group discussed numerous topics concerning the responsibilities,
composition and scope of the OpenZaak product steering group.
The group discussion involved questions about; people vs. organizations,
type of organizations in the team (vendors vs. municipalities), roles in
the team, and selection criteria.
Also the optimal group size was discussed; typically between 3 and 9 people
and/or organizations was deemed as a good size.
Should it be organizations or persons that are part of the group? Both
cases were made. An important point that was generally agreed upon was that
the people coming to meetings should be invested. They are there to do work
and take care about OpenZaak, not to make bureaucracy tick.
Everyone in the group agreed the minimal requirement should be that a team
member should at least use OpenZaak in some shape or form (use, buy, sell,
develop). Other requirements discussed (not decided) included:
- Vendors contribute development time
- Vendors contribute skills
- Vendors use/integrate OpenZaak
- Municipality invests in OpenZaak
- Is active in community (tickets) or do work that benefits OpenZaak
- Attend at least X% of the meetings
Lazo mentioned that members are not there to represent their own interest
but the health and interest of the OpenZaak ecosystem as whole. There were
no opposing views expressed on that.
We did not decide yet on the composition of the team but Peter and Joeri
volunteered to capture thoughts of the group discussions and other ideas
into the draft GOVERNANCE.MD <http://governance.md/>
file in the OpenZaak
repository. They will make a pull request for it so we can review this in
our next product steering meeting.
of APIs for customers, so that OpenZaak follows the ZGW API standard as
closely as possible
Agenda point proposed by Hugo about how to stay up-to-date / in sync with
the ZWG-API’s which is evolving. A discussion around the scope of the
OpenZaak product steering team started, weighing components vs. ecosystem.
What is part of case oriented working and what isn’t and what should be in
Part of this discussion will also be touched upon in the drafting of the
product mission, vision and goals and need further discussion.
Ask steering group for representatives in Product Group, post in the
CommonGround Niels, Joeri October 21st, 2020
Create draft pull request on GOVERNANCE.MD <http://governance.md/>
& Joeri October 21st, 2020
Create Mission & Vision Draft on OpenZaak product Hugo October 21st, 2020
for next meeting
Suggested to have rotating chair, Joeri takes next chair on Oct 21, 2020
- Review & discuss pull request on draft GOVERNANCE.MD
- Review & discuss product mission/vision and goals
- PROPOSED: Feedback website?
- PROPOSED: Any other points?
Jan Ainali, Codebase Steward
jan(a)publiccode.net | +46762122776 | @jan_ainali
Foundation for Public Code https://publiccode.net