- Commit and merge rights to the Open Zaak repository
- Roadmap draft
- Architectural principles and code style
- PR containing Helm Chart
- Other items
Commit and merge rights to the Open Zaak repository
Merging pull requests to master is currently limited to two people:
- Joeri Bekker (Maykin Media)
- Sergei Maertens (Maykin Media)
Nobody has permission to push directly to master because of the branch protection rules in Github.
Anyone else who needs merge rights should bring this up during a technical steering group meeting, where a decision is made using a simple majority vote. We want to avoid that merge rights are assigned simply as a "symbolic" gesture, even if you do not actively contribute or review technical pull-requests.
Any technical steering group member should be able to create branches directly in the Open Zaak repository (i.e. a fork should not be needed). For that reason Tjerk will be added to the developers group on Github, and Anton will be asked at the next meeting.
The Roadmap draft in https://github.com/open-zaak/open-zaak/pull/736
was collectively discussed to ensure that everyone understands the meaning of the items on the roadmap. The roadmap will serve as input to the product steering team to prioritize the items and sort out budget.
A number of extra roadmap items were brought up, but not added yet:
- Updating the API versions from 1.0.x stable to 1.1.x, estimated as medium/large size. VNG is close to releasing 1.1 versions of (most of) the existing APIs, and Open Zaak should implement these.
- Adding the "customer interactions" APIs (or not). VNG is about to release three new APIs that fit the "zaakgericht werken" landscape. There is a rough consensus that these APIs should not be added to the codebase of Open Zaak, but should rather exist in a separate codebase (following the Open Zaak / Open Notificaties pattern)
- Allow for "lokale verorderingen". There are valid reasons to diverge from "Selectielijst"-criteria, which is currently enforced by Open Zaak because the standard prescribes this. The team shall formulate how the standard should be changed and recommend this to VNG (small size). Only then something can be done in Open Zaak (medium size).
- Fully implement "Opschorten" functionality. Cases can be put on hold, but currently nothing is done with this information. This should affect the "planned due date" of a case. A proposal for implementation will be made, together with a proposal to VNG to describe this explicitly in the standard.
- Implement a search engine (Elasticsearch/SOLR). Search, indexing and performance is a large topic that should be tackled. User stories will be created in the Open Zaak repository, and then it will be judged if this falls within scope or should be brought up with VNG
Architectural principles and code style
PR Helm Chart
Early July 2020 rjzondervan
submitted a pull request adding support for Helm Charts (https://github.com/open-zaak/open-zaak/pull/640
). The PR has been reviewed with changes requested, but there has not been any follow-up since. We noted that there are no suitable maintainers for Helm charts in the group.
We will ask if these charts can be maintained and if the feedback will be processed and bring it up again during the next meeting.
The next meeting is not planned yet, so we'll keep an eye on the next product steering group meeting and try to plan it before that. Sergei will send invites for it.